Department of Computer Science,
CyberShARE Center of Excellence,
The University of Texas at El Paso
- Location: Room 3.0508, Computer Science and Chemistry Building,
- 500 West University Avenue, El Paso, TX 79968-0518, US.
- Phone: +1 (915) 747-8643
- Email: nvillanuevarosales [at] utep.edu
Education and Professional experience
- Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science.
- Research Assistant Professor, CyberShARE Center of Excellence. Lead of the iLink Research Group. 2012-.
- PhD in Computer Science, School of Computer Science, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, 2011. Thesis: Formalizing Relational Databases as OWL Ontologies.
- Research Assistant, Dumontier Lab and Human Oriented Technology (HOT) Lab, Carleton University, 2006-2011.
- Teaching Assistant, School of Computer Science, Carleton University, 2005-2009.
- IT Director, Head of Mechatronics Engineering Department, Polytechnic University of Aguascalientes, 2003-2004.
- Lecturer and postgraduate advisor, Engineering School, Universidad Bonaterra, 2002-2003.
- MSc in Artificial Intelligence at the University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh (UK), 2002. Thesis: Learning Heuristic Cost Functions for Planning using Genetic Programming.
- Double Major in Statistical Methods (Specialism in Statistical Methods), Center for Mathematics Research (CIMAT), Aguascalientes, Mexico, 2000-2001.
- Head of the Information Processing Department, Ministry of Education, Aguascalientes, Mexico, 1999-2001
- Graduated (with honors) in Computer Science Engineering, Universidad Bonaterra (now Universidad Panamericana campus Aguascalientes), Aguascalientes, Mexico, 1999.